Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WhAt A bIg BoY!

Well our day started out with two not so happy kids. Jace was not happy because he could not eat and everyone else was. He could not eat past midnight and nothing to drink past ten this morning .
Well juice and water just does not feel him up. He ate dinner the night before and that was about it poor kid! And then there was Tayler who woke up saying i think I'm going to throw up mom, which she did and she still is:(
Well we had to be to Primary's at 11:45. Checked in then waited until they called him in to be observed. Everything was good so they had us put on his p.j.'s and head over to the other waiting room. Well at this point he was so mad and hungry he didn't even really want to play with the toys. We had an hour to waste so we took turns pulling him in the wagon, playing toys and just trying to keep him happy. Well after about an hour the Dr. came in and walked us through what was going to happen. Then the anesthesiologist came in and gave us her run down.
They then gave him some medicine which is supposed to help calm them down so when we had to hand him to them he wouldn't freak out. I don't' know how much this calmed him down it seemed to make him more restless, but he did not cry when she took him from us.
Which is my least favorite part:( I think i could have used a dose cause i was the one crying.
Daddy and Jace when we arrived.
Playing happily in the first waiting room

Jace in his cute Jammie's

Not so happy jace, hungry & sleep deprived
Fun in the wagon:)
Well afer the surgery they let one of us in first ,which was of course going to be ME. Dustin kept teasing me saying he was going in first. I could hear Jace screamng as i walked down the hall. But as soon as he saw his mommy he was a little happier. They handed him to me and he drank a bottle ( 1 cup) of apple juice then he wanted more so she gave him one more cup.
Well as you can see he wanted more. But the nurse said NO!( Come on lady he has not eaten since yesterday night and it is now 2:45 the next day) No really if he would have drank anymore he would have thrown up. And then he couldn't have anything for another half an hour.
But as you can see he had death grip on the bottle me and Dustin both tried to take it out of his hand when he would snooze off but as soon as we did he woke right back up.
They watched him for about 45 minutes then we got to take him home:)
He was not to happy for awhile but as soon as we got on the freeway he was out til 7:30 p.m.

The Dr. said it was about an inch or less deep, and they will send the skin out to be biopsied and we will get the results in a couple of days. He has a few stitches and some strips that all should fall out on there own. He is still a little grumpy and does not like me to walk out of the room i thinks he thinks I'm leaving him again.
I just want to say a BIG thank you to everyone who prayed for my little man. I had so many nice comments on my blog. I really do all of this posting for my own keepsake, and it is so nice to have so many people that care about what is going on with our family. To leave such nice things THANKS!!!
Also to the great Dr. who did such a great job. I am so truly blessed to have such a great husband who holds the priesthood and is able and willing to give a blessing when needed. Thanks babe.

And my wonderful sister who watched Megan and Tayler all day and still has meg.


kari said...

I'm so glad everything went great, i feel so bad for him that he was so hungry. Your a wonderful mom and your kids are lucky to have you. Tayler was such a good girl today with being sick and all. Me and Meg had such a fun day together. I need to take the girls more often and more one on one with each of them. Thanks for letting me help today, i love ya!

Rachel said...

Yay it's over! Glad things went well. What a little trooper!

Emalee said...

I am glad everything went good! jace is such a cutie!

Ash said...

Ohhhh, I'm so happy everything went well and he's home safe and sound. He really is such a cute boy. I'm glad life can get back to normal for ya now.

Mindy said...

Breathing a huge sigh of relief!!! So glad it all went well.. I don't know how you did it (letting him go), well, I know how you did.. we were all praying!! :D Hopefully you'll never have to deprive him of food or you again.

Mindi D said...

That is so mean to not let him eat. Could they not get him in earlier? They should let the little ones go first i think. Mean mean people :( I'm glad it went well and let us know when you hear the resulits!!

Kim said...

I'm so glad things went well! I can't imagine how hard it would be not to be able to feed my baby! I echo that you are a wonderful Mom and your kids are way lucky!

Misty said...

I'm so glad everything went so well. Nothing is worse than knowing they are hungry and not being able to do anything about it. I can't believe they made him wait that long. They should have scheduled his surgery in the morning. O'well I guess sometimes you have to roll with the punches.

Troy, Brandy, and Boys said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the surgery and he's home safe and sound with mommy and daddy and his sweet sisters. I can't believe they scheduled his surgery so late in the day. On the bright side, I bet food has never tasted so good to him. :) Please keep us posted with the results. Are you still good for our GNO next Friday or do you want to move it back until Jace is all healed? I'm good with whatever. :) Please let me know if you need anything.

CJ & Shalise said...

So happy to see him doing well. He's getting so big it's crazy! Love ya Jace!

Matt and Jami said...

So glad things went well! Isnt the power of the Priesthood such an amazing comfort?!!

Lindsay said...

I'm glad everything went well. You have the cutest family and you are such a great mom.

Scott, Nat, and the Girls said...

Yeah! I think that holding back on feeding him must have been as hard as the surgery!